- Life is kinda hard sometimes.
- Puppies make it worth living.
- You should never let other people make you feel bad for existing–you are a necessary light in this world.
- All emotions are valid, express them.
- Allow yourself to take a break from reality; read a book, write some poetry, just simply exist for a moment.
- Never ever doubt yourself, you’ll never know if you never try and you just might be surprised with how things turn out.
- Start painting again–it was the greatest choice you ever made.
- Heartbreak feels permanent but you’ll laugh at how quickly you forget how you felt about him.
- You deserve the love that you have been given.
- Sing more…at the top of your lungs if you want.
- Don’t make the excuse that you’re living for them–it’s time to live for yourself.
- Lists are hard to make.
- Remember the little things.
- It’s OK to be a little weird and quirky, those are your best traits.
- Savor the time that you have, it goes by quite quickly.
- I’m proud of you, we did it. 16 years–and many more ahead.
oh wow I’m a year older today 🙂
I used to love the color orange.
I felt that it was misunderstood, it was a color that was far too underappreciated and needed a little extra loving.
And then I met you; someone else who shared my love for this measly hue and related with me on so many other heartbreaking things.
And then I thought I loved you; I projected my love of this color onto you and didn’t see the splotches of gray that were seeping through your seemingly perfect facade. You blinded me with sweet words and sultry smirks.
But soon reality slapped me in the face and the color orange made me nauseous.
And every little thing reminded me of you and I couldn’t get the taint of your lips out of my mouth or the poisonous touch of your skin out of my mind. I let myself slip away in a matter of days and couldn’t see anything but the color orange.
It consumed me. And my head kept spinning and spinning and I couldn’t feel anything but the dizzy sensation of my mind going mad.
And then I found my favorite shade of blue.
Now I’m grounded and walking tall on my own two feet; and sometimes I’ll stumble or sway a bit when I’m reminded of you but I always go back to that lifeline that has come in the form of a pair of eyes.
Because now I love the color blue.