1. You’re going to change your style every single year, it’s the key indicator of personal growth.
2. Friends aren’t jealous of friends. They celebrate others’ accomplishments not drown themselves in their own disappointments.
3. Love doesn’t hurt.
4. People notice happiness that you make for yourself, people will want to be near that. But don’t let them take it.
5. Own your talents.
6. Confidence doesn’t not equal cockiness.
7. People can say “I love you” and not mean it.
8. People enter your life in seasons for different reasons. It’s called ebb and flow.
9. Trust your gut. Always listen to intuition. Always.
10. Kindness and being nice are two different things.
11. People can try and tell you who you are, but most of the time they’re wrong.
12. Smile, laugh as loud as you can. Let them hear your joy.
13. Don’t forget to tell them you love them.
14. Life is so fucking fragile.
15. It’s ok to ask for help.
16. Do not let fear guide your life.
17. Talk. Say when something’s wrong, don’t bottle it up in a passive aggressive episode.
18. Lists are still really hard.
It’s been 2 months since I wrote on here last, and I have no regrets. You see, I don’t know what to write; I don’t know what you all would like to hear, what stories I should tell. But I’ve missed it, I’ve missed sharing my thoughts onto a keyboard and letting the words take off while I zone out into a comfortable silence.
When I last wrote on here I said this world lacks love, now I look back and I realize what I truly meant; this world lacks empathy. In the place I live in people are so entitled, whether it be material or emotional–what they feel they deserve they will monopolize with no need for explanation. Everyone is guilty of this, no one is perfect, a simple flaw within the long list of humanity’s errors.
I feel like I’m different; I think I continuously look back and put myself into other shoes. I’m not entitled to anything but the happiness I create myself, and focusing on myself does not make me egotistical or rude. It gives me strength, a strength untouchable by sad individuals so crystalline you can see the tendrils of their heart writhing like an infestation. I feel sorry for them, but that’s their problem and not mine.
But onto more positive things; I’m still with my love, my lil’ chomper, my sunshine on a cloudy day. It’s been half a year and I still fall in love with something new each time I see him. Our ups and downs have been extreme I will admit, but nothing about us is toxic; it’s simply honest. It’s a real relationship, with real and normal issues you have to work through together. I think he doubts himself too much, he doesn’t understand that he’s the one I choose to trust; the one that knows my most vulnerable parts and never judges. I have never in my life been more comfortable with someone; he’s my best friend.
And I leave for college soon, I’m scared. But yet I am so ready to leave, to venture off into the world and find out who I was born to be. I will try to write more on here, I will try to convey how I am growing through not only my experiences but the way I describe them. I am thankful to those of you who have read my writing.
Happy reading 🙂
I used to use this blog as a support system. I used to divulge all the key details of my life and every intimate feeling I stumbled across on this screen.
Now I just tell them, I tell the people I love what they mean to me instead of sharing it out into cyberspace. I think I used this as a crutch, a way to indirectly share what I felt. But that isn’t real, that isn’t the way life is. Things are fleeting and you have to tell the people who matter to you their worth to their faces. Pour out your heart, let the vulnerable stares encapture you and lead you to utter bliss of the unknowing.
I grieve, I am grieving. But I am also celebrating. I’m 102 pounds of light now, a healthy weight, a good weight. One filled with happiness and adoration for what life has given me.
I wish no pain upon those who have hurt me, I truly don’t. I put up this facade like I’m hard and sharp but I am delicate; it is a trait I now wear proudly. My heart is gentle, it is big, it is forgiving and I am thankful.
In this harsh world we lack love; we lack an understanding of each other, but when we hold on to the good things—the beautiful things—how then can the grays of this earth reach us?
These are new colors, I have not seen them before; I quite enjoy them, I really do.
Wow what a long hiatus I’m a little shook in all honesty, I didn’t plan on being gone for so long. Things are so lovely as of recent actually, although I feel my mental health deteriorating.
It’s not too alarming, I’m aware of the decline I just need counseling I suspect; sometimes we start dipping for no reason and I think that’s what is occurring now. January, a time for resolutions and beginnings. I’ve made my own resolutions that I intend to put into further action and I’d like to share them with you.
1. If they don’t put in effort, you aren’t obligated to do so. Don’t force connections.
2. Love him. Love him fiercely, love him without apology. Love him until it’s time to let go, but hopefully that isn’t for a bit.
3. Step out and open yourself to new people. I’ve already started and I’m liking where I’m going.
4. Remind yourself that you are beautiful. He calls me too pure for this harsh world, I’m his sweet bumble and I must remind myself of that.
5. Keep pushing till the end. It’s my last semester, I intend to have zero regrets. I intend to stick up for myself and call out disrespect when it comes my way. I intend to fall in love with myself.
I am made to be far more wonderful than I am right now, I can feel it, others can see it. It’s so beautiful to realize your full potential.
“Are you ok?” Um no not really thanks for asking.
“ Is everything ok?” Define ok.
“How can I help?” I don’t know, I’m sorry but I really don’t know.
“What’s going on with you?” I just, I can’t breathe, I feel numb but everything is on fire.
“Why do you look so down?” Oh it’s nothing see look I’m smiling, I’m smiling I promise.
“I’m here ok I promise.” You said that before, you left me before.
“You’re not alone I’m here.” Then why do I feel so far away?
“You’re special you are, I promise.” How? Tell me how. Tell me. See, you can’t.
“Let me help you.” I never tried to stop you. You just gave up.
“Look at how many people love you.” I know, fuck you, I know, and I love you.
“You’d really do that to them? Really?” Please I just, I can’t breathe. It hurts. I’m hurt.
Give me a reason to stay on this earth. A real reason.
“You tempt me and I don’t know how to retaliate. It’s like a drug. I’m addicted but don’t want help.”
– an excerpt from this tulmutous chapter of my life
To you I say,
You are my equal parts in the form of never ending sunshine. You provide me with a warm glow that I can’t quite pin down and yet it seems it’s never the right time for us. It’s like everyone knows we should end up together—hell even we know—but some force keeps us from admitting anything directly. So we speak in code, a code I can barely decipher and sometimes feel like I’m making up half the time. But you are everything I’m supposed to have; not perfect, but completely the fixation of my adoration. Is third time the charm? Or is it just simply three strikes and you’re out?
To him I say,
I want you so much right now. Asking you for help that night didn’t feel like a mistake but now I know I’ve done some damage to all the work I put forth before; the addictive symptoms have returned and all I want is to hear you say my name. Just once, to hear your voice might stop the incessant pang I feel meeting your gaze across the hall. I ache for you, I find myself wondering what would happen if I proposed something casual—just something to cease this longing and gnawing within my mind.
I am too beautiful of a soul to focus on such trivial nonsense but here I am finding myself backed into a corner. You are what is right for me I believe, to see where we could go gives me anticipation beyond my wildest dreams.
But he, he leaves me with burning desire. I need him to extinguish the spark somehow; staying away from me doesn’t help, it only makes me wish for him more. He can’t hurt me anymore. I know this, he’s done all he can do to break me but I am still breathing; but for him to disregard the fact that I am strong—that I am alive—may send me 6 feet under once again.
Oh my fickle heart, I despise you.